Our Blackenbrook Sauvignon Blanc 2012 radiates with bright aromatic passion fruit, red capsicum and gooseberry flavours, supported by a fresh sweet acidity.
Inspired by Nature – pure and balanced. Crafted with care at our Family Winery in sunny Nelson – New Zealand.
Vegan Wine, certified by the New Zealand Vegetarian Society
Soul mates from the Kitchen:
Seared Nelson scallops, pan-fried blue cod, barbecued green lipped mussels and cockles, chicken breasts with spinach, macadamias
and cottage cheese stuffing
Ideal serving temperature: 8 – 10°C
· From Sustainable Production, accredited by
Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand
· 100% Blackenbrook fruit from Home block
· Moutere clay soil with a layer of sandy loam
· Clone Sauvignon Blanc MS
· Weather Conditions: A wet and cool spring reduced our crop levels
considerably. Summer was marked by high rainfall and incredible
canopy growth. Luckily a stunning Indian Summer followed,
bringing along good ripeness and fantastic flavour development.
· Small crop of 7 T/ha
· Hand-harvested and hand-sorted from 10 to 18 April with 22.5 Brix
· Half the crop was di-stemmed before pressing
with the balance whole bunch-pressed
· Gravity-fed from press area to main winery
· Cool fermentation
· Extended fine lees contact in stainless steel
· Minimal pumping
· No fining pre-bottling
· Gentle filtration in a single pass from cloudy to sterile.
· Bottled on 1 August 2012 in Light-Weight Bottles to reduce our Carbon Footprint
· 13.5% Alcohol
Pure Silver Medal
Appealing Sauvignon Blanc with bright gooseberry, apple and grapefruit flavours. Pure wine that's unusually delicate with an attractive lightness.