Our Nelson Sauvignon Blanc 2011 offers excellent depth of zingy, ripe tropical-fruit
with a mineral undercurrent and a long smooth finish.
Soul mates from the kitchen:
Seared Nelson scallops, pan-fried blue cod, barbecued green lipped mussels
and cockles, chicken breasts with spinach, macadamias and cottage cheese stuffing
Ideal serving temperature: 8 – 10°C
· From Sustainable Production, accredited by Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand
· 100% Blackenbrook fruit from our Home block
· Moutere clay soil with a layer of sandy loam
· Clone Sauvignon Blanc MS
· Weather Conditions: An unseasonably hot spring was followed by a fairly cool summer. Autumn began with stunning weather and we were lucky enough to have all our fruit picked before the wet conditions set in on 2 April.
· Hand-harvested and hand-sorted on 29 March with 23 Brix
· Whole bunch pressed
· Gravity-fed from press area to main winery
· Cool fermentation
· Extended fine lees contact in stainless steel
· Minimal pumping
· No fining pre-bottling
· Gentle filtration in a single pass from cloudy to sterile.
· Bottled on 1 August 2011 in Light-Weight Bottles to reduce our Carbon Footprint
· 13.5% Alcohol
· Vegan Wine
Very aromatic and zingy it is vibrantly fruity with pure penetrating passionfruit and lime flavours, woven with appetising acidity.