After ageing for twelve months in French oak barrels, the wine seduces with its attractive fruit sweetness and texture, the mouth-filling body and its excellent depth of red forest fruit and spice.
The wine is built for ageing and we recommend to enjoy it between now and 2010.
· Single Vineyard: Home block
· Moutere clay soil with a layer of sandy loam
· Focus on healthy soil and strong plants
· Close planting: 3780 vines/ha
· All vines grafted on site
· 9 Clones: UCD 5, UCD 6, 10/5, 22, 114, 115, 667, 777, Abel
· Excellent growing season with a hot and dry summer stretching right into autumn.
· Hand-picked and hand-sorted on 31 March 2006 with 24.6 Brix
· 5 days cold maceration
· hand plunged, gentle press cycle
· Gravity-fed from press area to main winery
· aged for 12 months in new and two-year old French oak barriques
· gentle fining with egg whites
· Minimal pumping
· Cross-flow filtration
· Bottled on 1 August 2007 under the revolutionary Diam Cork
· 14.5% Alcohol
Muscular, sweet-fruited wine with good varietal character. Ruby hued, with a fragrant, spicy, savoury bouquet, substantial body and ripe cherry, plum and spice flavours, showing impressive complexity. Already drinking well.