Relax with this charming delight, reminiscent of crushed strawberries and red cherries. Off-dry
in style, it has an impressive palate weight and an ethereal texture.
Ideal serving temperature: 10 -12°C
· From Sustainable Production, accredited by Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand
· 100% Blackenbrook fruit from our Home block
· Moutere clay soil with a layer of sandy loam
· Close planting: 3780 vines/ha
· 9 Clones: UCD 5, UCD 6, 10/5, 22, 114, 115, 667, 777, Abel
· Weather Conditions: An unseasonably hot spring was followed by a fairly cool summer. Autumn began with stunning weather and we were lucky enough to have all our fruit picked before the wet conditions set in on 2 April.
· Hand-harvested and hand-selected on 20 March
· 48 hours cold maceration on the grape-skins
· drained from open-fermenter and gravity-fed to main winery
· Cool fermentation, stopped at 6g/ltr natural residual sugar.
· Extended fine lees contact in stainless steel
· Minimal pumping
· No fining pre-bottling
· Gentle filtration in a single pass from cloudy to sterile.
· Bottled on 2 August 2011 under Screw Capsules
· 13.5% Alcohol
· off-dry, only 107 cases produced
· Vegan Wine
Pretty pink. Light, fresh wine with appealing purity. Sweetness is balanced by fruity acidity which helps drive a lengthy finish. Classic strawberry and cherry flavours with a hint of mineral.