Our Nelson Gewürztraminer 2010 is a graceful Alsace-style Aromatic with generous pear, rose and spice flavours. Crafted in a medium-dry style, it achieves a seamless balance between sweetness and acidity.
Ideal serving temperature: 15°C
· From Sustainable Production, accredited by Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand
· 100% Blackenbrook fruit from our Home block
· Moutere clay soil with a layer of sandy loam
· Weather Conditions: After a rather humid spring and early summer, Nelson was
blessed with the most amazing Indian Summer, allowing us to pick all varieties
at full ripeness.
· Hand-picked and hand-sorted on 12 April with 24.8 Brix
· Extended skin contact before whole bunch pressing
· Gravity-fed from press area to main winery
· Cool fermentation, stopped at 7g/ltr natural residual sugar.
· Extended fine lees contact in stainless steel
· Minimal pumping and gentle filtration
· 100% Vegan: no fining agents have been used
· Bottled on 4 August 2010 under screw capsules
· 14.5% Alcohol
Alsace-style. Perfumed bouquet, with mouth-filling body, ripe stonefruit,
pear, spice and ginger flavours, gentle sweetness, and excellent depth
and harmony. Drinking well now.
Ripe and perfumed, the bouquet shows mango, peach, floral and
subtle spice characters. It's succulent and beautifully weighted
on the palate with silky texture and an expansive finish.
A generous wine with lovely balance and harmony.
At its best: now to 2014
Blackenbrook is a relatively new Nelson estate that has swiftly established itself as one of the most exciting producers of Aromatics in the region.