Matured for 12 months in seasoned French and American oak barrels, this is a fragrant wine with tantalising citrus fruit, pineapple and butterscotch charm.
The wine will benefit from bottle ageing and we recommend to enjoy it between now and 2013.
Pork fillet with
roasted pears, Crayfish Bisque, Manuka smoked salmon with warm lentil
salad, pan-fried chicken breasts with sage
Ideal serving temperature: 15°C
· Moutere clay soil with a layer of sandy loam
· All vines grafted on site
· Clones: Mendoza, Gm 2/23, UCD 15, Clone 95
· Focus on healthy soil, strong plants and sustainability
· After a good Nelson summer with plenty of sunshine, we headed into a wet February. Fortunately the good weather returned and we enjoyed a picture-book harvest with warm days and cool nights – excellent conditions for flavour development.
· Hand-picked and hand-sorted on 3 April with 24.5 Brix
· Whole bunch pressed
· Gravity-fed from press area to main winery
· Cool fermentation
· Aged for 12 months in one- and two-year old oak barrels in temperature controlled barrel room
· French and American oak
· Extended lees contact with gentle lees stirring on a regular basis
· Partial malolactic fermentation
· Minimal pumping
· Gentle filtration in a single pass from cloudy to sterile
· Bottled on 4 August 2010 using Light-Weight Bottles to reduce our Carbon Footprint
· 14.5% Alcohol
Quite a pleasing Chablis-style wine with a strong fruit focus that includes
melon, mineral and apricot/tree fruits. Smooth-textured and with appealing
purity with subtle winemaking influence that flatters rather than competes
with fruit flavours.